Saving the world, one drop at a time
Since our inception in 1997, Ashokan has formalized our full commitment to environmental conservation locally and globally, and in conserving the natural resources of the estuaries near our base of operations. We aim to save energy, and promote a safe and healthy workplace by adhering to the following corporate policies:
- Meet or exceed all environmental laws and regulations applicable to our business activities.
- Partner with governmental and non-governmental agencies to provide advocacy and counsel on issues that impact our environment.
- Purchase, market and utilize materials that are reusable, recyclable, and minimize waste, that can be disposed of safely.
- Be industry leaders in innovating environmentally conscious products and services.
- Be a responsible steward of our community, minimizing potential hazards and acting promptly and responsibly to correct any adverse occurrence.
- Implement practices that promote the responsible use of energy and resources throughout our business cycle.
- Participate in efforts to improve environmental protection in the lower Hudson estuary.
- Educate and inspire our employees and community to engage in environmentally safe practices.
- Consume only fair trade organic lollipops.
- Conduct periodic self-audits and assessments of this policy, improving it as necessary.